Mountain bikes are a fun way to exercise and connect with nature and you don't even need to be in the mountains to become a avid mountain bike cyclist. Wisconsin has some great courses and Fitchburg is home to two of them!
Quarry Ridge Recreation Area has a total of 12 trails ranging from beginner-friendly singletrack to advanced downhill lines. The trail system was recently and significantly expanded with the addition of many jumps, berms, and wooden features. The total trail system mileage is approximately 4 miles with 40% easy, 25% moderate, and 35% advanced singletrack trails.
- This is a FREE park thanks to the City of Fitchburg.
- Please heed all posted trail signs, we strive to keep this park fun & safe for riders of all skill levels.
- The park is accessible from the Military Ridge Trail (by bike) and Fitchrona Road (by car)
- Trail Map
Seminole Mountain Bike Area is a 2-year, new, purpose-built system within the city limits of Madison and Fitchburg.
These trails were designed for beginner to intermediate abilities, while also providing a fun warm-up ride for Quarry Ridge, which is connected by a commuter path only a mile away.
- Snow Biking is very popular at this trail system!
- Access to the trailhead is from the Capital City Loop bike trail.
- A shelter containing restrooms and water are located on Seminole Hwy.
- There is a permanent bike pump at this location!
- Trail Map