5500 E. Cheryl Parkway, off Fish Hatchery Road, South of PD
August 20th, 2022 from 10am-5pm (rain or shine)
- Free to attend!
- Over 100 Artists Showcase Their Work
- Live Music Performed All Day
- Wisconsin Craft Beer Garden
- Local Food Vendors
14th Annual Agora Art Fair
More than 100 Wisconsin artists will gather for the 14th Annual Agora Art Fair on Saturday, August 20 amid the architecture and natural prairie landscape of Agora in Fitchburg, WI. The event will include local and regional artists from every medium including painting, ceramics, jewelry, photography, glass, metals, woodwork, mixed media, fiber, and sculpture. Featured artists include Steven Wagner, Will Schueler, Jon Walton, Rich Theobald, Kerri Shannon, and many other familiar names.
Art, Entertainment and more
Besides the art, other activities include live music on two stages, a Wisconsin Craft Brew & Wine Garden, a Children’s Art Yard, local food and beverage choices, retailer specials, and ARTS for ALL Showcase (New – see details below.)
- ARTS for ALL Showcase: This Madison nonprofit organization works to expand the capabilities, confidence, and quality of life for children and adults with disabilities by providing programs in dance, drama, creative writing, music, and visual art. These artists will showcase and sell their work at the Agora Pavilion.
- Live Music Lineup: The Madison Flute Club, Red Hot Horn Dawgs, West Side Andy featuring Reverend Raven & the CSAB, Bi Dána, and Panchromatic Steel.
- Children’s Art Yard: Sponsored by Magic 98, this area will give kids of all ages the opportunity to have fun and express their creativity.
- Local Restaurants with expanded and diverse food offerings, including vegan and gluten free options: Curd Girl, Kona Ice, RMN Mini Donuts, Melted, Ribmasters WI, Rolling Pin Bake Shop, Pancho’s Tacos, Jakarta Cafe, Chocolate Shoppe Ice Cream, and Chippy’s Kettle Corn.
- Wisconsin Craft Brewery Beer Garden: Wisconsin brews and wines will be flowing next to the stage with live music all day. Operated by the Fitchburg Chamber Business and Visitors Bureau offering selections from Hop Haus Brewing Company. Table seating will also be available in this area.
- Wine & Design: Returning for 2022, an opportunity to bring out the artist in everyone and paint a wine glass for a creative memento to take home. This wine painting event is for those who wish to be a bit more hands-on during the Art Fair. Open to all for a nominal fee.
- Art in the Wind: Back by popular demand, Art in the Wind returns to the Agora Art Fair. Kite enthusiasts don’t stop with flying store-bought kites at their local park. Some of our kiters build their own masterpieces and travel the world to color the sky with their creations.
NEW in 2022 – ARTS for ALL Showcase
Representing artists with disabilities for thirty-five years, ARTS for ALL promotes acceptance and inclusion while enhancing personal growth and increasing education, boosting self-esteem and self-worth. The Arts are universal, and can celebrate diversity, build bridges across cultures, and challenge people to look beyond themselves. After three decades, they continue to offer unique programs throughout Wisconsin. This showcase will be featuring thirty of their artists, giving attendees the opportunity to enjoy a variety of different pieces from local artist and purchase work. Local artists from the organization will be in attendance as well to share what their creative outlet means to them.
The 14th Annual Agora Art Fair is sponsored by Promega Corporation, SprintPrint, BMO Harris Bank, Hop Haus Brewing Company, Terravessa Fitchburg, Madison Essentials Magazine, Magic 98, Fitchburg Star/Connect Fitchburg, the Agora, Fitchburg Center, and the Fitchburg Chamber Visitor and Business Bureau.
Details can be found at AgoraArtFair.com For volunteer opportunities, call Steve at 277-2592.