Fall is a perfect time to explore Fitchburg’s food scene, since there are lots of fun events that fill the calendar. The Fitchburg Center Farmers Market runs from 3 to 6pm every Thursday through October at Agora Pavilion, 5511 East Cheryl Parkway. Bring your tote bags and pick up fresh pumpkins, gourds, apples and more.
Want a more hands-on approach to your produce? Head to Eplegaarden, 2227 Fitchburg Road, a family-owned orchard where you can pick your own apples, raspberries and pumpkins throughout the fall. In addition to the “old-fashioned fun” you’ll find at the orchard, Eplegaarden has a busy fall calendar that includes live music, pumpkin carving, hayrides, a petting zoo and more.
If you’re looking to sample something stronger than apple juice, head to the 26th annual Quivey’s Grove Beer Fest on October 5. Breweries from across Wisconsin and the Midwest participate in this fun event, which also features live music and delicious food from Quivey’s Grove.
Visit a local favorite
Even if there’s not a festival or food-related event happening, Fitchburg still has plenty of great restaurants and retailers to explore. Some local favorites include:
- Tapatios Cocina Mexicana, 2990 Cahill Main, sit-down restaurant with traditional Mexican dishes.
- Quivey’s Grove, 6261 Nesbitt Road, offering lunch and dinner in a converted historic mansion and stable.
- Ollie's, 2951 Triverton Pike, casual restaurant featuring farm-to-table dishes
- Bavaria Sausage, 6317 Nesbitt Road, retail store stocked with authentic German sausages, Wisconsin cheese, specialty meats and more.
- Curry In A Box, 3050 Cahll Main – Thai noodles, curry and rice dishes, dine in or great to go for a little spice lunch or dinner.
Raise your glass
There are plenty of places to find handcrafted cocktails and tasty microbrews in Fitchburg, too. Delta Beer Lab, 167 E. Badger Road, welcomes ale aficionados to its open-to-all “social laboratory/taproom,” and The Atomic Koi, 2685 Research Park Drive, is a unique cocktail lounge, serving classic cocktails and new creations.
Other great places to grab a drink include The Flying Hound Alehouse, The Great Dane and The Thirsty Goat.