Delta Beer Lab is proud to announce they have chosen the UW Chapter of MANRRS (Minorities in Agriculture, Natural Resources, and Related Sciences) as their September Nonprofit Partner. The partnership coincides with the World Dairy Expo which is taking place at the Alliant Energy Center September 26th through October 2nd.
MANRRS is a national non-profit society that pursues excellence in leadership, scholarship, and service. The University of Wisconsin Chapter is one of only 55 national chapters and includes both undergraduate and graduate student membership. Their mission is to empower individuals of underrepresented and diverse backgrounds in agriculture, natural resources, and related sciences through continuing education, peer and professional mentor networks, advocacy, access to rewarding economic avenues, accomplishment, and advancement.
“The partnership works out really well with the World Dairy Expo taking place at the end of the month right across the Beltline at the Alliant Energy Center,” said Delta Beer Lab Co-Owner Speedy (Michelle Riehn). “We are very excited to partner with a local non-profit organization which works with students of all backgrounds. MANRRS support for diversity is something very close to our own mission here at Delta Beer Lab”
How MANRRS Benefits Students:
- Opportunities to enhance leadership
- Organizational and public speaking skills
- Professional critique of scholarly work
- Networking with counterparts from similar backgrounds with related interests and goals
- Networking with professionals in the fields of agriculture, natural resources, and related sciences
- Mentoring with other MANRRS members and professionals.
Visit Delta Beer in September to support this great organization!