Race for the Cure moving to Fitchburg!
Make sure to save the Race for the Cure on you calendar … Saturday, May 20th, 2107.
A little about the Komen Race for the Cure
- Up to 75% of Komen’s net revenue is used to support local community based education, screening and treatment programs. The remaining 25% of the net income supports the Susan G. Komen® Grants Program
- Your support will fund breast cancer screening, treatment and education programs that save lives in our community!
Reasons to Race…
- One in eight women in the U.S. will be diagnosed with breast cancer in her lifetime.
- Because every minute, somewhere in the world, someone dies from breast cancer.
- And because, breast cancer knows no boundaries- be it age, gender, socio-economic status or geographic location.
- We continue to Race because at the current rate, 13 million breast cancer deaths around the world will occur in the next 25 years.
But, when you participate and fundraise for the Race, we fight these statistics together. In 1980, the 5-year relative survival rate for women diagnosed with early stage breast cancer (cancer confined to the breast) was about 74 percent. Today, that number is 99 percent! Komen has played a critical role in every major advance in the fight against breast cancer – transforming how the world talks about and treats this disease and helping to turn millions of breast cancer patients into breast cancer survivors. This progress was made with your continued support and together we can reach our vision of a world without breast cancer.